- Leg arches are originally a unique Horseware Ireland design.
- These curves in the lower hem of the blanket allows for freedom of movement without the addition of extra fabric or a concentrated pressure point that are common to gussets.
- They aid in helping the blanket stay secure under belly and offer additional coverage.
More surcingles do help provide a more secure fit. All Horseware Ireland turnout blankets are made with two or three surcingles. Rambo® turnout blankets are designed with three secure surcingles that gives the blanket a secure fit around the belly area. Additionally, our Rambo turnouts incorporate the Horseware unique safety system that breaks in the event of an emergency.
Three secure surcingles are commonly found on Horseware products that are cut with two leg arches.
Two surcingles are usually found on our rugs that have one leg arch.
One surcingle is commonly found on cooler and show blankets. This is because these blankets are usually worn for shorter periods of time such as show preparations and traveling.
- Keep blanket in place & prevent slipping
- Support fabric at belly of the blanket to offer extra protection
- Our blankets are available with 3 or 2 surcingles: pending leg arches & blanket depth
- Surcingles are placed at specific angles & heights for optimum fit
When fitting surcingles, it is advised that one should be able to fit a four-finger vertical width between the belly of the horse and the surcingles. This offers a secure and comfortable fit to the horse wearing the blanket. Surcingles should be checked often as they can ease out over time and may require readjustment especially if it is a new blanket.