Horseware Ireland wants to help treat your horse to something special over the holiday season. This treat recipe combines your horse’s favorite treats into a single delicious treat and is quick enough to make right before you head out the door to the barn.
Ingredients (makes one single treat)
1 whole apple, core removed
1 thin carrot
1/8 cup molasses
1/8 cup rolled oats or crushed peppermints
- With the apple’s core removed, slide the carrot through the apple.
- Pour the molasses onto half a plate with the crushed peppermints or oats on the other half.
- Next, roll the apple through the molasses. For maximum coverage, you can use your finger to spread the molasses around the outside of the apple.
- Next, roll the molasses-covered apple through the peppermint or oats and your treat is ready to share!
- Feed to your favorite horse with extra kisses!
*Please take care when feeding this to your horse or pony and ensure they eat it in small handheld bites